News:

Beam did it!!!

Main Menu

SPEED TEST SITE

Started by dogsmum, February 23, 2007, 22:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana of 8

Actually, that was when HoN unplugged the dongle and plugged me into his broadband connection directly.....

Here's what I get when using the dongle:

:sigh: Guess who's buying herself a new dongle! HoN says to consider the ASUS USB N53..... Anyone got any better ideas??
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

That'll be due to all the encryption going on.... and why I don't go wireless.

Nana of 8

We've bought a 5m Ethernet cable. Should do the trick. Until we move, anyway!
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

drac

Quote from: drac on June 17, 2011, 05:11:17 AM
Updated from last year (which was 19.57 download and 4.50 upload):

Why it connected to Sayreville (over 50 miles away) instead of Philadelphia (25 miles away) I don't know.   Odd.

Updated the 2 year contract for the folks and got myself the higher internet:

For ONCE I have the speeds that Verizon Fios actually ADVERTISES.....
:yess:  WOOHOO!
"For one who has not lived even a single lifetime, you are a wise man, Van Helsing."  --  Dracula 1931

:drac2:

K@

The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Lisa

currently upto 22meg..

has potential to reach 80 the engineer said.......  :o
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Wired is so much faster as there isn't all that mod/demod happening.

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Lisa

I knows, but I've got no more space on my router for more wires, so somethings will have to remain wireless

Mike

Lisa

thats pretty much what the unwired ps3 gets, which is still a 4x improvement on before

Tâf

Quote from: Lisa on March 01, 2013, 11:02:25 AM
I knows, but I've got no more space on my router for more wires, so somethings will have to remain wireless

You can plug another router into any of the first routers outputs.

Mike

I've got Infinity coming to my exchange in the next year

Lisa

we're already over loaded with wires/plugs/crap in the general area of pc connections
it's not vital anyway, even if the wireless devices can't reach the 80meg speed, they still have an improvement