Author Topic: Pressure cookers  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Brains

• Loveable Grump !!!
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Legal Pill Popper !!!
    • Smiley Crafter blogspot
Pressure cookers
« on: October 02, 2011, 16:38:08 PM »
We got new pressure cooker from Asda the other day and were wondering if anyone has any tips/pressure cooker cookbook recommendations ??

Does any other Twaddlers own a pressure cooker ??

We had them while I was growing up but I never used it as was to heavy for me but this one is light and wasnt expensive ;)
Done basic veggies today but was looking for recipes/tips :)
Brains aka Donna

Offline Tāf

• Instigator of the Compost Holocaust
  • Resident Twaddler
  • Press 1 for Winter weather.....
Re: Pressure cookers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 16:44:52 PM »
We've had 2 during our 25 years marriage. The first got so old we could not get a new lid seal for it.

Make sure you keep the seal and pressure valve clean to the point of going all anal over it. A leak will remove all the benefits, and a jammed pressure valve risks redecorating your kitchen.

If it's aluminium, DO NOT COOK ACIDIC STUFF IN IT... this includes tomatoes.

Don't pop the valve to depressurise it straight away, let it cool a little first.

Don't bother trying to speed up the cooking of rice or pulses... it doesn't work.

Cuts of meat like brisket really enjoy pressure cooking.

Fish in one will always leave you a reminder of smelliness, even if you clean with bicarb.

Offline Lisa

• Bug-fixer in chief
  • Admin
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • GAH!
    • Twaddle Hosting
Re: Pressure cookers
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 20:28:27 PM »
I love mine, i always do a stew in it, or even a huge pot of curry if i feel like feeding the five thousands.

it's brill for just chucking it all in the pot and leaving it to simmer all day.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪