Author Topic: Recipe Help Needed!  (Read 9719 times)

Offline Beams

• Paaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrp!!!
  • Global Mod
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • Appreciation 4
  • All hail Queen Izzy! Queen of the upside-downy
Re: Recipe Help Needed!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 19:18:14 PM »
i think that you'll find that alot of these recipes are gear towards the two income family

with both of us working, it would be tough for us to make fresh sauses
using a sauce out of a jar, or a packaged portion of a meal saves us time and lets us eat dinner at a normal time
:beam: :beam: :beam: :beam:

You have to learn the rules of the game.  And then you have to play better than anyone else.  Albert Einstein

It's my fault! 

Offline Ian

• Handy Additional Storage Heathen
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 65488
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 19:33:26 PM »
i think that you'll find that alot of these recipes are gear towards the two income family

with both of us working, it would be tough for us to make fresh sauses
using a sauce out of a jar, or a packaged portion of a meal saves us time and lets us eat dinner at a normal time

But most dishes, (Sauces included) can be prepared either quickly and simply, there and then, or put together, and left overnight, for cooking the next day.
HPBG!

Offline Kris

• Mistress Kris
  • Chatterbox Member
  • Appreciation 1
  • Forum Junkie
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 22:51:31 PM »
Spite,

That is a fine suggestion and I'm always striving to be more like that -- thinking about meals way ahead of time.  Or, at least doing some sort of food prep when we get home from the grocery store.  One example is Jim bought grapes on a recent trip to the grocery store.  The right thing to do would have been to wash them right away, pull them off the vine and put them in the proper storage container in the fridge so they'd be easy to snack on during the week.

Well, 5am on a weekday shows up and I'm packing food to take to work and then have to deal with that inconvenience.  So, although a tomato sauce from scratch may be easy to prepare, I think many people, myself included are too lazy or too busy to plan ahead.  I'm amazed at some of the great meals Beam talks about at his house and they even have two kids they are running everywhere.  So, basically that means Jim and I have no excuse!  ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline Beams

• Paaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrp!!!
  • Global Mod
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • Appreciation 4
  • All hail Queen Izzy! Queen of the upside-downy
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 23:49:27 PM »
it's because we both chip in- only way we could get it done
:beam: :beam: :beam: :beam:

You have to learn the rules of the game.  And then you have to play better than anyone else.  Albert Einstein

It's my fault!