News:

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Main Menu

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

Let's hope they don't meet one day

Lisa

that won't happen she doesn't like whiskers
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

dogsmum

Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

dogsmum

Well I don't know if it's killing them or not but the slugs are certainly enjoying the oats I'm putting out every evening :-\

Tâf

First beans picked and eaten!

I has a tomato too!

Tâf

The first flush of Blackberries picked and frozen... amost 2lb!

It'll be almost daily picking now until I have enough for a jam session.

Tâf

Tomato plants tied-in, and the last of the beans planted out (in a big bundle as they had twirled together). That means the chiliarium is now free for the Nagas!

fred

Quote from: Tâf on August 03, 2012, 10:49:52 AM
First beans picked and eaten!

I has a tomato too!

Been eating ripe tomatoes for ten days

peas and broad beans frozen

spuds in store
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

dogsmum

I've been eating & freezing my Broad Beans too :D

fred

spuds planted in pots.

pots to be taken in to the ggreenhouse when it gets cold

With any luck home grown new spuds for xmas  :din:
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

Chilliarium washed-out and Nagas and lavender seedlings moved in. That gives more room for the rampant sweet pepper plants in the greenhouse.

Tâf

Blueberries, blackberries and blackcurrants picked from the garden... not a bad haul today! The missus picked climbing French beans, and I also picked the last of the peas.

Tâf

All the roses hacked back almost to the ground. Blackspot is prevalent here, so treating them hard gets better results.

Did some fine tuning with the Rosemary bush pruning and the Clematis got a haircut too.

Removed the pea plants, I'll have to find an outlet that sells Alderman peas for next year. They easily climb to 6 feet and are very heavy croppers. Meteor, on the other hand, only got to about a foot high and had very few pods.

The third flush of blackberries to harvest and freeze this evening. Thye should be super sweet after a day in the sun.

The Koralik toms outside have babies!!

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on August 10, 2012, 11:17:47 AM
All the roses hacked back almost to the ground. Blackspot is prevalent here, so treating them hard gets better results.

My, one rose has had Blackspot this year too. I bought some stuff to spray on, seems to work

Tâf

I filled our largest saucepan with blackberries from our main bush last evening, and have simmered them down to half the original liquid level. I ran out of room to freeze them whole!