• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:59:05 am

News:

Sarcasm is just one of the services that we offer.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

In just a couple of days the climbing French beans have gone to sparse to glut! Have to pick some for tomorrow. String(less) beans also ready to pick too... I still have some in the freezer from last year!

Pumpkins have pollinated so we'll have a few of them for the Autumn too.

More blackberries ready to pick. Some of the Kiwis are 3 times the size of the usual, so quality is better than quantity, so I may be removing excess fruits next year to let the others really swell.

I have just picked 150gm of Stevia leaves for drying, and I spotted that the Basil needs a trim, so may freeze a lot of that.

The grapevines have decided it's Autumn already... the leaves are drying and falling already. That will screw the grape harvest.  :-\

Tâf

August 22, 2012, 16:03:56 pm #241 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 16:06:01 pm by Tâf
11 Elsanta strawberry runners had grown big enough to leave their parent plants, so I detached them and will repot later.

Tied in a sunflower that has had a late spurt of growth and was getting bashed by the wind.

A glut of mini cucumbers need to be harvested, perhaps I'll pickle them in big chunks?

Tâf

I'm picking 4 portions of beans every day now... the family will turn green at this rate.

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Lawn mowed... it was covered in Dandelion seedlings so they got a zap of Weedol.

dogsmum

Planted my 50p Companula in the garden, it was reduced from £3.99 :D
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

Quote from: dogsmum on August 28, 2012, 22:35:10 pm

Planted my 50p Campanula in the garden, it was reduced from £3.99 :D

I got 5 from Wilko the other day.. down to 20p each! All they needed was a haircut and a soak.

Tâf

Another 2.5Kg of stringless beans picked, but the French beans are not so prolific.

And I have 2 red tomatoes at last!! Plus 4 pumpkins are swelling rapidly.

dogsmum

Slugs have eaten it >:(

Tâf

Mine are OK, but they are in their pots on the patio and not out in the wild of the main garden.

Yours should regrow DM!

Ian

Quote from: dogsmum on September 11, 2012, 22:04:01 pm

Slugs have eaten it >:(

At least they had a cheap meal. :laugh:
HPBG!

dogsmum

:lol:

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed 'Taf'

Tâf

I trimmed the ones I got almost down to the ground, and they came back OK.

Nana of 8

Finally decided the young couple are right and the garden WAS dark. HoN and I have pruned back all the photinia, thinned out the crab apple and whitebeam, cleared an area in the sunniest spot to place a bench to sit on and cleared off the raised beds to make way for winter veg and seed beds for next spring. It's looking much better!  :D

Picked a handful of strawberries that appear to be making a late showing, got about 3lbs potatoes that grew from a stray one that got left when we uprooted last years plants   :)

Top dressed the pots ready for winter with a layer of extra mulch
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

3lb of stringless beans and a half pound of French beans picked. Things are really slowing down now.