• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 14:19:51 pm

News:

Indifference will be the ruin of mankind, but who cares.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tâf

All the chillies are out there now

Tâf

All the flower and pak choi plants moved outside to harden off.

All the late sowings of chillies potted on, and some moved to their final pots.

Quite pleasant at 21c in the greenhouse with the odd shower thumping on the glazing.

Tâf

Tâf

June 01, 2017, 17:42:42 pm #664 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 17:45:01 pm by Tâf
Front bed cleared and dug, plus loads of homemade compost added. Bluebells spread about, then in went the perennials (Verbena Bonariensis and Birdsfoot Trefoil) for the bees, and Chrysanthemum Cockade and Amberboa Muricata (Sweet Sultan) for the missus' eyes.

A couple of dozen Pak Choi in the long planters with Ferramol slug bait to help protect them.

Tâf

All the pretty flower plants planted out for the missus. I wonder how long it takes her to spot the Pak Choi that are mixed in with them?  :laugh:

Tâf

Dug over the large raised bed and fitted the anti-cat netting over it.

Collected the dried rusty garlic foliage to burn.

Planted 2 French Lavenders that the missus got for 10p each.

Poisoned the horsetails that are still coming in from next door.

Next some semi-dried garlic from the small raised bed to trim, and then laid to cure in the chilliarium.

Tâf

43 more strawberry runners pinned and potted. And that that is about a quarter of what have to be done.

Tâf

A greengrocer gave me loads of "soft" shallots for free, ideal for planting out...  so I just did.  :)

Loads more strawberry runners need pinning into pots but I just can't get the enthusiasm up.  :-\

Grapes are almost ready for harvest too, that'll need a stepladder. So I can't do it until the lawn is drier.

The Bay needs a big trim too, got my green bin back from next door as there are only 3 more collections before they stop for the winter.

Tâf

7m Bay reduced to a bald 2m Bay.

I filled the wheelie before the binmen arrived, then refilled it after they'd been.

Only a few twigs left.

And all the thick branches will be chipped by hand for smoking my chillies.

Tâf

Started the big chilli harvest.

Tâf

The almost final pick from the garden and greenhouse. Just the chiliarium and a few stragglers left.

Reaper x Bhut; Bad Brains; Cayenne; Pink Tiger; Bhutspelette; Barak; Scorpion; Pyramid; Butch T x 7 Pot Jonah

Tâf

Chillies sown, only 5 types this year as I am trying to bulk up my stock of Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture Scotch Bonnets.

Strawbs to sow next once I find some seed compost.

Tâf

Most of the chillies were up within 6 days, they are now in an unheated propagator under a daylight lamp.

Strawberries sown a couple of days ago, they take ages to sprout.

fred

Saw my first full flower daftodills yesterday
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.