• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 13:28:29 pm

News:

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

3 rows of mini spuds planted.

Half the leeks harvested,  but about half have bolted so they went onto the compost heap.

As I prepared the soil for the spuds, I found a few dozen baby onions, so they will be replanted.

The leeks were hiding loads of volunteer strawberry plants in flower. I may space them out, but at the moment I shall leave them where they are.

Tâf

Harvested the last of the leeks and dug the raised bed over, made a trench where the peas, beans and tomatoes will go and filled it with home-made compost.

Transplanted loads of volunteer onions, and the errant Verbenas.

Tâf

Set the posts and wire for the peas, beans and tomatoes.

Mowed the lawn.

Stuffed the green bin.

It's getting tidy out there at last.  :)

Tâf

Start hardening-off the tomatoes.

Tâf

Transplanted more catmint into the wall planters. A few days in the greenhouse and then they should be OK to go out where the cats can't reach them. The smell as I transplanted them attracted Solver, Charbon and 2 of next doors' cats. With no aggro until I closed the greenhhouse!

Tâf

Peas and 2 types of bean planted out, plus 1 tomato to see how it fares.

Chillies out to the greenhouse for the day later.

The cherry toms in the greenhouse are already flowering.

Tâf

The last 4 Crimson Crush tomatoes planted out and soaked.

Tâf

Kindergarten and primary school for chillies in the living room now closed, and they are now in junior school in the greenhouse.

Repotting to final pots later once it cools down.

Tâf

Sowed African Marigolds in modules, and pricked-out Coriander into modules and pots.

The toms outside have fruits swelling on them, but they aren't growing upwards very quickly.

The beans and peas are growing slowly too, and there are signs of flower buds forming.

The Kiwi that I grew from seed has flowered after about 8 years, now I'll know if it's a female (yay!) or male (boo) plant.

Tâf

The Kiwi I grew from seed 8 years ago is female!!!  So my self-pollinating Kiwi Jenny should pollinate it (when it decides to flower).

Sowed carrot and beetroot in clumps, and scorzonera in a nursery patch so that I can thin it later.

Planted-out the dwarf French beans, then gave them all a good drink.

The spuds are almost ready for the first earthing-up.

The mixed flower seed in the front planter are germinated and growing fast under cat-nets.

And I have ONE quince fruit swelling! That too will be OK once the new one makes flowers to pollinate it.

Lisa

I have one courgette flower...
I believe this maybe an issue...
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Quote from: Lisa on June 29, 2020, 18:37:27 pm
I have one courgette flower...
I believe this maybe an issue...

Male or female?

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Lisa

I'll double check. But I think its male