• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:49:54 am

News:

Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

Pricked out the Kelsae show onions and put them in individual modules. The seed pack said 20 seeds, but I have 47 seedlings.  ;D

They're out in the partially cleared greenhouse now.

As I was finishing, next door's kitten came to say hello... via the window! He's going to be trouble!!!

Tâf

The Quince, Clematis and Blueberry buds have burst  ;D

And freezing weather is predicted  :-\

Tâf

Sowed the Viola Odorata Queen Charlotte seeds in the greenhouse. I think they need a short cold spell to enable germination.

I nipped out the growing tips of the catmint... and lo and behold... next doors' kitten appeared in the greenhouse window! He's now bombed out of his skull on the catmint tips on our patio.

dogsmum

Planted some seeds into pots today..
Broad Bean, dwarf the sutton
Parsnip, hollow crown
Carrot, early nantes
I might put my mini plastic greenhouse thingy up tomorrow

Oh & it looks like the milk bottles & pop bottles I put over some small plants through the Winter kept the frost off them ;D
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

The roses out front are PLASTERED with aphids and ants!  :o

Tâf

Double dug the unused 2/3 of the large raised bed, then covered it with netting to keep the cats off.

5 minutes later one of the strays crapped right in the middle.  :-\

dogsmum

Quote from: Taf on March 23, 2012, 17:19:42 pm
Double dug the unused 2/3 of the large raised bed, then covered it with netting to keep the cats off.

Pepper?
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

Quote from: dogsmum on March 23, 2012, 22:20:34 pm
Quote from: Taf on March 23, 2012, 17:19:42 pm

Pepper?

I've tried so many things including pepper and chilli pepper  :-\

Ian

Quote from: Taf on March 24, 2012, 10:11:59 am
I've tried so many things including pepper and chilli pepper  :-\

:yes:
HPBG!

Tâf

That's the next option, plus now I have found that the strays are entering the greenhouse by the window.... that has to stop as there will be seedlings in there soon.

Ian

Quote from: Taf on March 24, 2012, 11:32:21 am
That's the next option, plus now I have found that the strays are entering the greenhouse by the window.... that has to stop as there will be seedlings in there soon.

You know,  someone once suggested Lion dung for scaring cats away...
HPBG!

Tâf

I tried it (from Longleat) and it just stunk the whole garden out.... and it was expensive poo!!

fred

spuds showing six inch high leaves
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

I thought I got all the spuds out of the spud bags in the greenhouse last Xmas.... 4 big sprouts in both now. ???

Dug over and added compost to the small raised bed. Found it was alive with worms... BIG worms!

The Kiwi and Blueberries have burst their buds, but one of the Blueberries loks a little poorly... they always seem to do that to me!

Tâf

March 27, 2012, 19:27:48 pm #74 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 19:28:49 pm by Taf
Planted out 88 leeks and 24 shallots I raised from seed, plus 24 garlic bulbs. The garlic didn't have a cold spell so it should produce solid balls and not cloves.

Trimmed the big Bay to allow easier passage around the greenhouse. The cuttings must have produced £10 worth of fresh bayleaves... might make Bay Rum hair dressing again, and shove a few pots to see if they root..

Next doors' ivy got a haircut along the boundary line... I'm going to have to chat with them about it as it is clinging to the garden wall and could damage it.

Hosed the Mum stray as she started to crap on the leeks!

Then I had to chase her baby away for the same thing.

As I was coming in, I found both fast asleep in one of the empty planters....