• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:50:42 am

News:

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

YAY! TT Garden Force invasion!

Lisa

my only stipulation is leave my heather and lavendar alone.
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Box them in!

Many, many years ago, a whole gang of family and friends were invited to a "garden party" in this street.... little did they know they would end up digging, planting, sowing and tidying-up before the BBQ and booze. It made for a great day and a great garden! Even neighbours appeared with plants, etc., so it became a community even that was repeated in other gardens for a few years.

I raised bean and pea plants for a couple of them before toddling off into the RAF.

Tâf

I've got Aubretia and Lobelia soaked and ready to plant out... and the rain has started! :grumpy:

Tâf

Quote from: Taf on April 20, 2012, 11:32:05 am
I've got Aubretia and Lobelia soaked and ready to plant out... and the rain has started! :grumpy:

Rain stopped... planting done!  ;D

Tâf

The sprouting leaves on the new Quince sapling aren't looking very happy.  :(

dogsmum

I was given a potted Chrysanthemum back in Jan, since it finished flowering it's been in the mini greenhouse. It looks healthy & new leaves coming on it but all the older leaves have turned a deep reddish colour. Is it ok? Should I take the old leaves off? Will I be able to plant it in the garden?
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

April 30, 2012, 10:34:43 am #98 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:35:44 am by Taf
It'll be happier once the weather warms up. If the old leaves come off easily, take them off, but they could still be feeding the plant at the moment, so don't force/rip them off. A repot would help it as regrowth loves a good feed. Don't let the roots get cold AND wet!

It should be able to go into the garden once the sun returns, and frost has left us.

Nana of 8

We've had a wisteria growing on our back wall since the day we moved in and moved it from the end fence (which is only 6ft high).

The wall faces North-West, and HoN said it'd never flower there.

It's just coming into flower now, first year it's done so... the buds are opening just in time for the viewers... :D

I always said it would take 7 years to flower. :dance:
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

Wisteria is a pain like that, and many people are too impatient to wait for it. It likes a good pruning!!!

dogsmum

Quote from: Taf on April 30, 2012, 10:34:43 am
It'll be happier once the weather warms up. If the old leaves come off easily, take them off, but they could still be feeding the plant at the moment, so don't force/rip them off. A repot would help it as regrowth loves a good feed. Don't let the roots get cold AND wet!

It should be able to go into the garden once the sun returns, and frost has left us.

Cheers 'Taf', I'll leave the leaves on as they are quite a pretty colour & no don't come off easily.
No, it's not getting cold & wet, it seems quite happy in the mini greenhouse atm, but I will re pot it...when I get some more compost :-X

Tâf

The forecasts are getting better, so I had better get sowing in the greenhouse (after evicting the cats).

Tâf

The spuds are up in the bags and beds... and the ones in the greenhouse are full flower.

The cherry flowers have faded, let's hope they were fertilised, and the apple flowers are about to open. Gooseberry fruits are swelling.

No flowers on the new Kiwi vine again this year.  :-\

dogsmum

Never grown it before but the bloke up the back gave me some Fennel today :D