News:

Beam did it!!!

Main Menu

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

Their young are really bad pests that stay underground and eat the roots of anything from grass to trees, so it was squish time as they can produce thousands of eggs.

They are also called May Bugs.

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

The missus squirmed, then ran away.

Tâf

Moved some Physalis (Edible Chinese Lantern) outside. Hopefully I'll get fruits this year.

dogsmum

Quote from: Taf on May 25, 2012, 09:51:17 AM
Their young are really bad pests that stay underground and eat the roots of anything from grass to trees, so it was squish time as they can produce thousands of eggs.

They are also called May Bugs.

Ahhhh those! I was just thinking the other day how I'd not seen any this year :-\

I have lots & lots of flowers on my Dwarf Broad Beans :D
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

We have a really strong drying wind, so I've just done the tour of the garden watering everything in pots and planters.

I suspect I'll have to do it all again this evening.

dogsmum

Quote from: Taf on May 26, 2012, 10:32:40 AM
We have a really strong drying wind, so I've just done the tour of the garden watering everything in pots and planters.

I suspect I'll have to do it all again this evening.

Yeah, I've given all my planters a good soaking this eve too

Tâf

Just harvested the Pinkl Fir Apple sopuds from the greenhouse.... I thought I had taken them all out last Autumn!

Blueberry to plant later.

Tâf

Blueberry planted in a big tub where the previous one died, I dug right to the bottom but could not find any reason why the last one died.

Tâf

Transplanted about a dozen Viola plants as the missus wants the space for HER flowers.

fred

The second batch of runner bean seeds have gone to Austrailia as well.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

Mine are all up in the greenhouse, but no-one locally has got any up in the garden yet... must be something eating them? ???

dogsmum

Quote from: fred on May 28, 2012, 18:33:43 PM
The second batch of runner bean seeds have gone to Austrailia as well.

Mine too :(

fred

nothing eating them.  small pots in the  greenhouse as usual.  A dig around shows intact seeds. No growth.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

I have just repotted most of the beans and put a few out to harden off. Ditto all the sunflowers which are romping away this year.

The peas I have sown (Meteor) have an instruction on the packet I have never seen before "does not require staking or support" so the ones I raised in the greenhouse will be tried in a large pot to see if there is any difference in crop size.