March 29, 2024, 14:38:21 pm

News:

Your job is STILL better than asking, "You want fries with that?"

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana of 8

Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

Planted out the Tagetes and gave the front garden a feed after removing all the dead wood from the lavender and starting to trim the Rosemary. Next door wants the Rosemary clippings for cooking, so I'll trim over a few weeks so that they get a steady supply.

Attacked next doors' horsetails again.... the weedkiller is slow but sure.

The Jasmine is in flower around the front door porch, so the scent in the evenings is stunning.

Have just removed the myriad of seed heads from the Aqualegias too... I don't want a garden full of nothing but them!

Tâf

More beans and sunflowers planted out, and the first of the Chrysanths... the same ones grown from seed direct into a trough outside are really struggling.

Ate more strawberries....

dogsmum

Anyone heard of a 'Cherry Pie Plant'?
Bloke next door has , what he calls a Cherry Pie Plant, in a pot, similar colour to a Lilac, but smells just like a cherry pie!
I wanted to put my face into it shouting NOM NOM NOM.............I didn't :(
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Lisa

lol. Sounds like my kind of plant.
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Nana of 8

Quote from: dogsmum on June 25, 2012, 22:36:26 pm

Bloke next door has , what he calls a Cherry Pie Plant, in a pot, similar colour to a Lilac, but smells just like a cherry pie!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/12797.shtml

I've seen this before - the smell is fantastic and makes you want to rush out and buy a cherry pie! ;D
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

Lisa

That'll go lovely with my heather and lavendar
WANT!
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

dogsmum

June 26, 2012, 23:07:44 pm #173 Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 23:10:59 pm by dogsmum
Quote from: Nanaof3 on June 26, 2012, 09:29:41 am
Quote from: dogsmum on June 25, 2012, 22:36:26 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/12797.shtml

I've seen this before - the smell is fantastic and makes you want to rush out and buy a cherry pie! ;D

That's it!! Ohhhh it did smell delish

Oh look at this, slimy little ba*****!!
Looks like he's worked his way up eating the leaves & is now munching on the flower bud! :o

I STABBED HIM!! ;D

Tâf

I have big scissors on standby... they deal with the snails too. This warm and wet weather is going to bring them out in droves.  :-\

Ian

I'll never understand how people can be so soppy over dogs and cats, and so uncaring for other forms of life just because they're not cuddly and cute.
HPBG!

Tâf

64 Koralik plants repotted in an eclectic collection of pots as I hope to give them all away.

That leaves another 100+ to find homes for.

Too hot in the greenhouse for the pots of mixed salads so they have been moved outside... into snailandslugland.

The Ghost Chillis (Naga Jolokia) have found their legs and are romping away now.

Baby cucumbers already formed on the greenhouse mini cucumber plants.

dogsmum

Quote from: Ian on June 27, 2012, 12:21:26 pm
  I'll never understand how people can be so soppy over dogs and cats, and so uncaring for other forms of life just because they're not cuddly and cute.

I like things that aren't cuddly & cute!
But the damned slugs & snails are trying to eat everything in my garden!! >:(

Tâf

Did you hear that "poachers" are collecting snails in the wild and selling them to the French to eat? Apparently "Roman Snails" are a protected species and "if you disturb them" you can get the police set on you with hefty fines possible!  :o

dogsmum

Quote from: Taf on June 28, 2012, 10:14:15 am
Did you hear that "poachers" are collecting snails in the wild and selling them to the French to eat? Apparently "Roman Snails" are a protected species and "if you disturb them" you can get the police set on you with hefty fines possible!  :o

Hmmm I better google what these Roman Snails look like then....& toss them into nextdoors garden/jungle if I find any ::)