March 28, 2024, 18:34:22 pm

News:

I listened to the voices.    They lied.

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on August 03, 2013, 18:56:30 pm
1.11Kg of blackcurrants from 5 small bushes. Quite a haul.

But it would have been much more of the Feral Five hadn't been in my garden stealing them. :grumpy:

I've left a few fat ones near the front wall.... but I have sprayed them with alum.... he he he...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Brilliant!!
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

dogsmum

Anyone know what this is?
I believe it's a house plant.

Tâf

Picked the first of the stringless Enorma beans yesterday.

Hmmm...I'll have to look that one up DM....

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on August 07, 2013, 10:10:44 am

Hmmm...I'll have to look that one up DM....

Cheers 'Taf'.
Nextdoors gave it to me as, she said, the flowers were dying on it. She said it was a house plant but could be put in the garden, so I had it in the garden as the weather was good. It was getting watered along with the other pot plants, lots of flower buds, but they kept dropping off  :-\ Brought it indoors & only watered it from below & it seems to be doing well, though I do think it needs re-potting now

Tâf

I trimmed back all the strawberry leaves and found a few plants just about to bear fruit AGAIN!

Tâf

9 more strawberry planters put up filled with the delicious Frau Schindler plants I got from runners.

Tâf

7.2kg of lovely big Red Rooster spuds from 4 seed potatoes in just 1 metre row! WOOHOO!!!

Tâf

Quote from: dogsmum on August 06, 2013, 22:44:35 pm

I'm almost sure it's a single chrysanthemum. No idea what variety though. Does it have that telltale perfume from the leaves (smells like flowershops near cemeteries AFAIC)?

Tâf

3.4kg of rhubarb picked. I had to do it as it was flopping over the beetroot. The 6 other crowns are HUGE!!!

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on August 10, 2013, 14:29:02 pm
Quote from: dogsmum on August 06, 2013, 22:44:35 pm

I'm almost sure it's a single chrysanthemum. No idea what variety though. Does it have that telltale perfume from the leaves (smells like flowershops near cemeteries AFAIC)?

Ohhh I was just telling Ann today that it bloody stinks!! Got a horrible fousty smell, if I touch it I can smell it in here for ages >:(
So it's an outdoor plant?
It's getting very bushy indoors, twice as big now as it was when I took that pic

Tâf

I think you should treat it as "tender" and bring it in when it gets cooler.

Blackberries to pick today... I'm running out of freezer space so I should make jam.

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on August 11, 2013, 12:02:14 pm
I think you should treat it as "tender" and bring it in when it gets cooler.

Blackberries to pick today... I'm running out of freezer space so I should make jam.

I hope it stops growing then, or it'll take over my house  :o

Blackberries still not ready around here

Tâf

They're being odd here, a third are fully ripe, a third still red, a third tiny... all on the same bush!

Tâf

I'm still picking blackberries, they are ripening in large batches this year. The raspberries are very sparse so far, but they are an autumn variety.

The grapes and kiwis are swelling nicely.

Potato llight has appeared in a local allotments, so be be safe I ripped up all my potato haulms for quick composting. Several HUGE spuds were dragged to the surface, but buried again so I can harvest as required.

Chillis are swelling in the greenhouse, and I'm about to harvest the last of the greenhouse toms.

Thyme and strawberry plants are ready to plant out, as are the leeks. I just need space for them!

fred

QuoteSeveral HUGE spuds were dragged to the surface, but buried again so I can harvest as required.

no slugs or eelworms there then?

Over here we dig up all the earlies in early June and don't bother with lates.  Harvesting the lot then gives a far bigger undamaged crop.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.