News:

No matter how much you shake your peg, the last drop runs down your leg

Main Menu

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El

Ate the spuds that i planted in April, didn't expect much  but they were gorgeous
Ate the raspberries that are threatening to take over the garden and my tomatoes ate all in bloom but next doors tree is shading my greehouse too much so the branches are gonna have to go

Tâf

I was outside picking a raspberry or two earlier. The second one wasn't ripe enough.

Tâf

The Blackcurrants in the front garden are so large that the bushes are bent right over!

Tâf

I have already pinned about 25 strawberry runners into pots, now I have to do the hanging ones...

dogsmum

Lots & lots of tiny yellow & black caterpillars about today, they seem to be being blown off the trees
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Tâf

Loads of things seem to get blown around your house DM.   ;)

I told a mate yesterday that I had not yet seen a single Cabbage White Butterfly.... then I saw 2 earlier today! And they were egg-laying on my turnips! :grumpy:

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on July 06, 2014, 11:41:28 AM
Loads of things seem to get blown around your house DM.   ;)

I told a mate yesterday that I had not yet seen a single Cabbage White Butterfly.... then I saw 2 earlier today! And they were egg-laying on my turnips! :grumpy:

:P

No come to think of it I haven't seen any either :-\

Tâf

Cleared a lot of space out front for a new planting soon. Also moved some plants about as they needed more sun.

With the top dressing of compost it looks quite bare now.

Tâf

Potted up the last of the chillies and Pepino "melons"

Took some cuttings to the compost heap and found it full of Sempervivums... Pol had decided they were "dead" and so ripped out over 100 of them.  :o

:grumpy:

Tâf

Pruned the Rosemary, Deutzia and an unknown plant the bees love when it's in flower.

Fed the garden with Growmore, as using pelleted chicken manure in these conditions would not be nice to the neighbours.  :-X

Bean picking soon.

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

dogsmum

Quote from: Tâf on July 19, 2014, 15:38:04 PM

Fed the garden with Growmore, as using pelleted chicken manure in these conditions would not be nice to the neighbours.  :-X

I'd use it!  ::)

Tâf

Planted out Marigolds.... and put slug pellets out as slugs like Marigolds more than they like Hostas.

Tâf

Mint cuttings formed roots so I repotted them.

Nana of 8

Found a really pretty caterpillar on the willow tree today. Googled it - Vapourer Moth:

Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.