News:

Beam did it!!!

Main Menu

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogsmum

Walking home with the dogs earlier today & saw lots of Daff's in full bud, crickey we hardly ever have any open on St Davids day  :o
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

fred

Daftodills in full flower in the garden in town.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

1 crocus and 1 mini lily here. The rest aren't daft.....

dogsmum

Quote from: fred on January 16, 2016, 18:00:24 PM

I yhink the one's around here have now been frozen in time  :laugh:

Nana of 8

Not seen any round here. Not likely to for a while either!
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

Pruned the Jasmines and Mock Orange near the front door, and removed the Kiwi vine off the front of the shed (new growth there this year whilst the new growth of last year will fruit along the wall).

dogsmum

Quote from: dogsmum on January 16, 2016, 22:48:55 PM
Quote from: fred on January 16, 2016, 18:00:24 PM

I yhink the one's around here have now been frozen in time  :laugh:

Lots of them all over the place in full bloom now

Tâf

2 here. Lilies have finished. Crocus everywhere too.

I was pruning yesterday and found loads of small slugs and snails. Pellets down....

Tâf

Sterilised the heated propagator and cut new mats for it. Grow Cubes soaking now, and I've made little metal flags to identify each one.

Chillie sowing later.

Izzy

I have an overabundance of tomatoes.  I guess I need to make some relish this weekend.

:queen: Queen of the Shuvel and Izzyland
I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better... and make my living out of it.
Once upon a time in Twaddleland.  Beam was ancient.  The End.

Tâf

Quote from: Izzy on February 12, 2016, 22:46:42 PM
I have an overabundance of tomatoes.  I guess I need to make some relish this weekend.

How is the rest of the garden looking Izzy?

Nana of 8

Spring is trying its best to appear round here... daffs and grape hyacinths out, the crocuses have already gone over, and buds are fattening ready to burst.

Just hope the frosts don't kill them all :-\
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Lisa

frost has forced a few of mine back to almost nothing
daffs are still going strong though, tulips are sprouting too
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

fred

daftodills in the verge (all of six in wide) of the road oposite me are in bud. 

Shame some barsteward will pick them and see them die in a jar of water in a couple of days rather than letting all passers by see them over a far longer time.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Lisa

i don't pick mine, but the ones that grow in the street will be cut down by the grass cutters before they even reach full bloom
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪