• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 14:23:18 pm

News:

I has a shuvel

The Potting Shed

Started by Tâf, August 09, 2011, 12:13:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

5 Crimson Crush tomato plants in their final positions, whilst 3 stragglers start their hardening-off process.

Mint plants potted on yesterday.

Tâf

I have cleared out the pots the Scotch Bonnet chillies will be going into.

Tâf

The last of the tomatoes are now planted, and the last of the mint potted.

Tâf

The chillies are at last in their final pots. Flowers already!

Tâf

I gave the grapevines their fruiting prune, and I found dozens of bunches of grapes!

I also gave the lawn its second trim of the year, it's been too dry or too hot to do it earlier.

The beans and cucumbers are now in their final spots.

Tâf

I just tied-in and trimmed the tomatoes and cucumbers. Beans are starting to form. The kiwis are swelling and the grapes too!

The rhubarb plants are huge again, and the blackberries are ripening in droves.

All the spuds have finished flowering, so it's time to water like crazy!

Tâf

I picked the second lot of tomatoes and cucumbers yesterday. It's been a very slow season due to the odd weather.

Tâf

I stripped the bean plants of loads of pods so that they continue producing.

Tâf

I harvested the spuds from the small pots. 4.6kg of red Duke of York from 6 seed spuds.

Tâf

Emptied the last bag of spuds I grew this year. Not bad, but not fantastic. It's the ones in the ground that I expect to be numerous.

I also picked a couple of cucumbers to allow the others to swell. A week with the missus in hospital means there are loads of ripe tomatoes ready for her to pick and eat.

Tâf

The grape bunches are so numerous and heavy that they broke the arch they grow on!

Tâf

The Crimson Crush tomatoes are still producing whilst all other types in the local area were destroyed by Blight.

Tâf

I trimmed the oregano out front, then pruned the aronia and jasmine. The lavender will have to wait until it sprouts.

Tâf

12 JMOA Scotch Bonnets sown at last. They are behind the mylar screen on the shelf in the living room inside a covered heated propagator.