• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 15:34:51 pm

News:

Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean.

What are you reading?

Started by Nana of 8, May 13, 2014, 18:06:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Quote from: Lisa on September 15, 2014, 12:44:46 pm
I always need new books ;D

I need space to put them, too.   :-[
HPBG!

Lisa

oh thats a major problem.
I have books double stacked and all over the place, but I can't face throwing them out or giving them away.
Have to do somethign
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Ian

Quote from: Lisa on September 15, 2014, 12:58:10 pm
oh thats a major problem.
I have books double stacked and all over the place, but I can't face throwing them out or giving them away.
Have to do somethign

I'm thinking of making bookshelves out of my books.
HPBG!

Ian

I'm re-reading Clive Barker's Weaveworld.  Haven't read it in years, and it's from the period before he went first commercial, and then mad.
HPBG!

Lisa

Red Seas Under Red Skies. Scott Lynch.
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Ian

I treated myself to all the Jack Reacher books I haven't read, in eBook format, so I'm working my way through those.
HPBG!

Ian

Got three books on the go at the moment.  Make Me, by Lee Child, The Commodore, by Patrick O' Brian, and Essays of Arthur Schopenhauer.
HPBG!

El

Still on the war of the roses but also baking through the ages

Lisa

too busy to busy to read any fiction at the moment :'(

Ian

Quote from: Lisa on November 21, 2015, 10:20:38 am
too busy to busy to read any fiction at the moment :'(

Is it possible to be so busy?
HPBG!

Lisa

can't relax enough to concentrate on anything besides paperwork :'(

Tâf

Websites trying to find out hot to claim my Civil Service pension. It's all gobbledegook so far.

Izzy

Going to attempt the Book Thief later...

:queen: Queen of the Shuvel and Izzyland
I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better... and make my living out of it.
Once upon a time in Twaddleland.  Beam was ancient.  The End.

Ian

Re-reading James Clavell's Shogun.  Forgot how good it was.  Good writing, but without neglecting story, as so many authors do.
HPBG!

Ian

Ah, I don't know...  A book?  Brenda Crumpet?  Bernard Cornwell, that's it.  Fighty stuff, with swords.  Perhaps.
HPBG!