• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

February 25, 2021, 02:33:33 am

News:

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

What's in your mail?

Started by Mike, May 21, 2014, 15:40:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tâf

Coupons from Tesco. They must be missing us!

Tâf

A glossy pamphlet and a letter from the council to say that bin collections will change from a 5-day week to a 4-day week, so our collections will move from Tuesday to Wednesday.

That's 160,000 letters for the city. I wonder how much the Poll Tax will go up to pay for that lot?

:grumpy:

Tâf

Letter from Santander. Monthly fee dropping from £5 to £4, and interest rate dropping from 0.6% to 0.3%.  :'(

Mike

Just had a text to day I will get my COVID vaccine invite in next 1-2 weeks

Tâf

Quote from: Mike on February 04, 2021, 10:33:09 amJust had a text to day I will get my COVID vaccine invite in next 1-2 weeks

The said that they only received enough doses for one day this week, things have ground to a virtual halt.

Mike

Home insurance renewal, exactly the same as last year

Tâf

Credit card bill and tomato seeds.

Tâf

Road Tax notice for the end of the month. Up £5.

Tâf

Letter from the DWP that Pol's ESA is going up 0.5% in April. A whole 65p.

Austerity ended? I think not.

Tâf

After years getting all documents to address me as "G.A.", the private firm running my RAF pension has started addressing me as "A.G." again. Blurb about changes to pensions and spouse payments.

:grumpy:

El

Tâf

Vaccine date for the missus. Miles away on a Sunday (7th March).

The letter flips back and forth so many times between English and Welsh that it is hard to follow.

Mike

I had the letter as well inviting me to make an appointment at a mass vaccine center  , 2 days after I had the jab from my GP!!