Author Topic: What do you think of Jamie Oliver ...... now!?  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Mike

• Lancashire Lad
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Superhero of Twaddle
    • Crows Nest
Re: What do you think of Jamie Oliver ...... now!?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 15:30:46 PM »
So everybody thinks ist OK what Mr. Oliver did?

And those who might not think ist OK do not dare to post their opinion any more?
No people have not said it is OK, and who do you think you are to tell people not to post

Offline Nana of 8

• Mother of some little breeders ;)
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Vaccinated with a Gramophone Needle
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 16:19:01 PM »
Too many people spend too much time telling everyone it's wrong to use corporal punishment, as it hurts the poor little darlings. Well, I for one think the removal of corporal punishment is the number one reason for the problems in today's society. If it was so wrong, it would not have been used for millennia by parents chastising their children. Some children respond nicely to "No, don't do that, it's wrong". Others laugh and carry on. THOSE children need more than a polite telling-off.

The main trouble is that now there are no longer any consequences. In my work, we spend thousands of man hours every year looking for 'missing' children who are actually just out with their mates past their curfew, but their carers could not stop them going out, because it's illegal to grab their arm to stop them, because some do-gooder will sue them for assault on the child.

What punishment do you give a child who laughs in your face when you tell them not to do something? Teachers can no longer command respect because the children have no consequences if they ignore discipline (what do you do if little Johnny ignores an instruction to attend lunchtime detention? And does so every day of the week? If you suspend/expel him, how do you ensure he is educated? He HAS to be, by law!).

I agree you can't use it regularly, because a child beaten regularly becomes immune to it, and one rarely-applied sharp smack is worth a dozen beatings if you want to make an impact. But today's children have no concept of punishment because the threat of pain isn't there, and the THREAT of pain can be a good deterrent.

I was given the belt by my Dad, but only when I was really naughty. It did me no harm, and I loved him to bits anyway. I say, bring back corporal punishment before the fabric of society dissolves altogether!
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Offline Dundee

• Spicy Member
    • Widu-Forest forum
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 20:04:39 PM »

who do you think you are to tell people not to post

Just read what I have written.

I did not write anything like it.

Can't you understand plain English?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 20:07:30 PM by Dundee »
... over the sea to Skye ...

Offline Dundee

• Spicy Member
    • Widu-Forest forum
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 20:06:30 PM »
Too many people spend too much time telling everyone it's wrong to use corporal punishment, as it hurts the poor little darlings. Well, I for one think the removal of corporal punishment is the number one reason for the problems in today's society. If it was so wrong, it would not have been used for millennia by parents chastising their children. Some children respond nicely to "No, don't do that, it's wrong". Others laugh and carry on. THOSE children need more than a polite telling-off.

The main trouble is that now there are no longer any consequences. In my work, we spend thousands of man hours every year looking for 'missing' children who are actually just out with their mates past their curfew, but their carers could not stop them going out, because it's illegal to grab their arm to stop them, because some do-gooder will sue them for assault on the child.

What punishment do you give a child who laughs in your face when you tell them not to do something? Teachers can no longer command respect because the children have no consequences if they ignore discipline (what do you do if little Johnny ignores an instruction to attend lunchtime detention? And does so every day of the week? If you suspend/expel him, how do you ensure he is educated? He HAS to be, by law!).

I agree you can't use it regularly, because a child beaten regularly becomes immune to it, and one rarely-applied sharp smack is worth a dozen beatings if you want to make an impact. But today's children have no concept of punishment because the threat of pain isn't there, and the THREAT of pain can be a good deterrent.

I was given the belt by my Dad, but only when I was really naughty. It did me no harm, and I loved him to bits anyway. I say, bring back corporal punishment before the fabric of society dissolves altogether!

OMG
... over the sea to Skye ...

Offline dogsmum

• You're Fired!
  • At One With Twaddle
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 21:33:28 PM »

Oh stop being such a prude 'Dundee'!!
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart
rather than a piece of our mind.

Offline Lisa

• Bug-fixer in chief
  • Admin
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • GAH!
    • Twaddle Hosting
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 22:09:55 PM »
Dundee, how do you make children who are determined to be naughty behave.....

And as for Jamie Oliver, I couldn't care less what he did. He didn't beat his child or cause her any harm.
He is still a dick though.
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Offline Mike

• Lancashire Lad
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Superhero of Twaddle
    • Crows Nest
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 07:52:18 AM »

who do you think you are to tell people not to post

Just read what I have written.

I did not write anything like it.

Can't you understand plain English?  ;D

Yes it seems I can understand English a dam site better than you, do not make comments that say 'And those who might not think ist OK do not dare to post their opinion any more?' you are starting to tread a very fine line here