• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:01 pm

News:

:beam: 

Back on the subject of coffee...

Started by K@, September 15, 2015, 15:57:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

El

I ordered some Twinings strong tea tea bags so that he can use the tassimo as a kettle and only has to press a button. Anyhow, they sent me Twinings everyday tea bags as a substitute.  Now, they used to be known as swining twining in our house because we thought they were like gnats wee.
Now I don't know if it's because it was a brew made for me that made it taste better. But they are nice. I'm suprised as they were a good price.
Currently loving camomile and honey tea bags. Tesco own brand. ( I keep watching Eat well for less) and we are now swapping the brands slowly over to own brands and value branding.

K@

The Clipper Every day tea's nice. Quite cheap, too!

I avoid bags, though. Cheap tea and plastic.

Dunno if I mentioned it, before, but there's a small bottle of coffee, called "Press'd". When I saw it, I thought "EEK! Camp!". But, it's nothing like that. It's rather nice, as it 'appens. Pity the bottle's plastic, though.
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

El

I only buy bags now so that he can make a brew. This way, he has no kettle or pot or to lift and no danger of scalding water near him. The tassimo has a cup sized amount of water metered out and it's bliss to have a brew made for me. Even if I put the tea bag in the cup plus sweetener , he presses the button and I remove the cup. It's the nearest I'm getting to a brew made so I'm grateful for it lol.
I'll look out for that coffee though.

K@

I use an old Swan coffee machine, to make tea. It's like those filter thingies, but slightly different. Odd, but it works well, coz I just put the tea in, add the wet stuff and away it goes. :)

Nana of 8

Oddly, I prefer tea like gnat's wee. Weak and milky. Love Twinings Everyday.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

K@

I like Twinings, but I like to do my bit for the small, independent firms, where I can. Twinings is owned by Associated British Foods, unfortunately.

There're a few tiny independents, up here. Teas From The Manor do wonderful blends and out local brewery at Dunham Massey makes gorgeous beer. :) [/slight drift]

I've seen the Tea Pigs stuff, but they charge WAY too much, as do Dragonfly.

I won't mention Yorkshire tea and their new Malted Biscuit tea, coz I might get you addicted. It's LUVVLY! It's still an independent company, too, under Harrogate's Bettys and Taylors.