March 28, 2024, 20:47:01 pm

News:

I listened to the voices.    They lied.

Back on the subject of coffee...

Started by K@, September 15, 2015, 15:57:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

El

I didn't even know that about nescafe  :o
I drink it cos I was brought up with it and like the taste.
Dunno what to bloody drink now  :-X

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

El

No thanks  :)
I don't like the taste of alcohol  :)

El

And tea tastes of tin to me for some reason  ???

K@

Try different teas, El. We have loads of different flavours, here. I'm heavily into Vanilla Chai, at the moment. Oddly, when it comes to plain, basic tea, Home Bargains do some by "Robert Roberts", whoever they are. Big, brown box, with about a hundred bags for one and six, or something that silly. It's pretty good.

Just found their website:

http://robertroberts.ie/tea

and this is the stuff we've got:

http://robertroberts.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/strong-tea.jpg

If anywhere else sells it, I'd guess it's not as cheap as we got it for, at Home Bargains.
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

El

Used to drink fruit tea at work simply cos it tasted ok cold and that was ok. Will give that a try  :-* Branded stuff ie titles pg etc leaves a horrid tin taste in my mouth . Maybe the tannin?

K@

There's quite a difference, between Chinese and Indian tea. Indian tea cab be  a bit like that. Earl Grey's not anything like as expensive as it used to be. Might be worth you trying that. By the way, if you use teab bags, you're getting the dusty crap that's  left, after the proper stuff's been used for tea leaves. I know bags are easier. But, loose-keaf tea's MUCH better.

Personally, I'm, like you, in that. I can't stand Typhoo, Quick Brew, or any of that stuff. It's too bland.

El

Oooooh channel 4 is on about different coffees and prices

K@

The cheapo places, like B&M, Home Bargains, et al, do some good brands for squat. :)

El

Well. Got me teapot. Got me a kettle that has variable temperature.  Got me real tea and it is bloody gorgeous. Only had one coffee this morning and can't believe the difference  :D. No tin taste at all  :D

K@

K@

Nothing like reviving an old thread...

One tea that I'd never tried, for no particular reason, I've been recently getting into, as they say.

It tastes like no other tea I've ever tasted. But, after I got over the initial "WTF?", it's really growing on me.

It's dried, apparently, by being smoked over pine wood.

Lapsang Souchong.

As ever, the proper stuff is WAY better than the bagged crap.

Tâf

Pol keeps coming home with bags of crap from Flying Tiger (Copenhagen) that make "tea". It smells like pot pourri and costs a fortune.

K@

Lisa

i like tiger, but not tried their teas.

their herbs and spices are ok
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪