Author Topic: Our party's floundering! Let's start a war!  (Read 4195 times)

Offline K@

• He's not Catweazle. He's a beautiful Princess!
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
Re: Our party's floundering! Let's start a war!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »
I saw the backlash, with people being condemned, for saying that. Funny, that, coz Jane and I both said, almost simultaneously, "His dad just corkscrewed through three counties". I quite hope that a lot of the Lab MPs who voted "for" get deselected. After all, they certainly weren't representing their constituents, as they're supposed to.

What's the point in a political system where all parties are clones of the damned Tories? Those that want power, for the sake of having power, should never, ever have it. Corbyn sure didn't, when he was nominated. Having met the guy and listened to him, whilst he was genuinely listening to me, I really like the guy. Sure, I don't agree with all he stands for, any more than I agree with everything that anyone else stands for. But, he does listen. He does consider other views and, sometimes, he actually takes things, like that, on board.

Before the debate, he sent out emails, asking all party members what their thoughts were. He even followed some of them up, asking for clarification and adding some "What if?" questions. What other politician, ever, has done that?

In my own way, I'm praying the guy gets the top job, next time. He seems to really believe that MPs should represent their constituents, not be forced to toe the party line, on everything. I've been banging-on, about that, for years! More power to his elbow, methinks.

If the choice is gonna be between him and Osborne, no contest.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:07:27 AM by K@ »
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Offline Ian

• Handy Additional Storage Heathen
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 65488
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 10:08:53 AM »
If the choice is gonna be between him and Osborne, no contest.

Trouble is, I think the choice is going to be between him (Or whoever succeeds him) and Boris.  And the British people do like an arse, don't they?
HPBG!

Offline El

• Flippin' Nutta
  • Hot Gossiper
  • Appreciation 4
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
I hate the idea of war. Detest the thought of innocent people dying. And some idiot who will not feel it's effects will shove us all under the train.
Also some toffee nosed git will be telling us to "fasten our belts tighter" and make do and mend for the country's good.  It will reduce young unemployment at a stroke if they end up with forced conscription .
Trouble is, half of our youth are not British . How will they force people with no loyalty to a country to fight for it?
That is a really simple view and I am not political.  But like a lot of people, the thought of war and destruction for the sake of it is frightening .

Offline Ian

• At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 65488
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »
That is a really simple view and I am not political.  But like a lot of people, the thought of war and destruction for the sake of it is frightening .

I don't think you're on your own there.  Our MPs are really out of touch on this one.  I live in an area with high immigration (Sandwell is one of the Home Office's designated clearance areas for immigrants) and if immigration has radicalised anyone, it's the white working class.  I hear more racism on a daily basis now, than I did in the 70s.  Yet even these knuckle-dragging, Britain-First posting tits, on the whole, think bombing Syria is a bad idea.
HPBG!

Offline K@

• Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »
You think he'd get the leadership over Mr. Bean, Ian? Heh... Part of me hopes you're right.

As I said, very few of today's politicians actually represent the people who vote for them. So, what we have, now (Our much-vaunted democracy), is little better than an elected dictatorship. with there being little difference between them all.

War! What it good for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h__zgVz9fN4

Offline Ian

• At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 65488
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
You think he'd get the leadership over Mr. Bean, Ian? Heh... Part of me hopes you're right.

I think the Tories would like Gideon, but know that he'd be a chancy bet in an election.  I doubt if that many people would vote for him.  Boris would be the safe bet.  Possibly the only bet, if they want to stay in power.
HPBG!

Offline K@

• Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
if they want to stay in power.

There's the nub of it. They'd put the real Mr. Bean in, if they thought he'd bring them that. I believe that all partied should have to do what Labour did and let all party members have a vote. Sure, it was a surprise, to the leadership, that Corbyn got in and they don't like it. Proves how out of touch with the real members the leadership was, though. The idiot MPs that are trying to get him out don't seem to realise that he'd get straight back in, with an even bigger majority. Unless, of course, they change the rules, again, so that only MPs (Who are, mostly, Blairite "Tory Lite") can vote. If they do that, thousands upon thousands of members will simply leave and create a HUGE backlash of shite. The Labour party would be finished.

The term "Left-wing" seems to be used as a term of derision, now.

If THIS description of "Left-wing" is accurate, I'm WAY left-wing and proud of it.

Offline Lisa

• Bug-fixer in chief
  • Admin
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • Appreciation 20
  • GAH!
    • Twaddle Hosting
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 12:48:37 PM »
corbyn will never be prime minister. I doubt he will be leader of labour for long. He is being misrepresented and abused from all corners. (it amuses me no end that he has succeeded in stirring them all up)

But he doesn't toe party line, and can't be bought.

politics is business, and he's not good for business.

I like some of the things he says, but I cant see him as top dog.  :-\
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Offline K@

• Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »
Frankie Boyle mused: "I think itís worth remembering that if you say something and Tories start cheering, then you have said something awful."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/04/frankie-boyle-syria-airstrikes-vote-guardian-column_n_8720360.html

Offline Mike

• Lancashire Lad
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 7
  • Superhero of Twaddle
    • Crows Nest
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 15:33:17 PM »
Frankie Boyle is a racist prat

Offline Ian

• At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 65488
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 21:51:46 PM »
Frankie Boyle is a racist prat

Actually, he's not.  And, it's been legally proven.
HPBG!

Offline Mike

• Lancashire Lad
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 7
  • Superhero of Twaddle
    • Crows Nest
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 07:00:52 AM »
I beg to differ he's a revolting individual

Offline K@

• Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:26 AM »
He tends to tell it like it is, with a lot of stuff, though. Can't say I'm a big fan. But...

Offline Lisa

• Bug-fixer in chief
  • Admin
  • Twaddling Buddah
  • Appreciation 20
  • GAH!
    • Twaddle Hosting
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »
i don't like him, i think he crosses the line because he can..
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Offline Nana of 8

• Mother of some little breeders ;)
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 65428
  • Vaccinated with a Gramophone Needle
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 00:55:59 AM »
I can't stand him; never have. You can use comedy to take a pop at politicians, but he's waaaayyyyy too lefty to make anyone laugh. Ben Elton was better... Take a pop at the Tories but know where to stop.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.