• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 17:43:06 pm

News:

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

DWP et al

Started by Tâf, January 27, 2016, 17:55:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

K@

Mine's gonna stop and they've sent me a PPI form with more pages than the encyclopaedia galactica...
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Tâf

Best of luck, be prepared to take it all the way to Tribunal.

K@

Tâf

They recently announced that people with lifelong conditions that can only get worse will only get a "light touch" assessment every 10 years (check bank details, etc.). But how long will this take to get in place?

They still have a huge backlog of mental health cases where they have to give extra points, and possibly extra money.

Tribunals are kicking out more and more 10 year periods to claimants, but the DWP have been using all sorts of tactics to get around these decisions, including watching for things on social media which could prove you have improved, or were in fact lying about conditions.

El

That's news to us. Chris is lifelong and will definitely get worse. His pip is for four years. 
It is a minefield.
Brother in law was carer for his sick wife for ten years. She died just before Christmas last year. He has stents for a bad heart and is in a bad place emotionally as his wife suffered horribly with cancer. He has just passed his back to work assesment and must look for a job.
My nephews wife suffers from epilepsy. She has major seizures that prevent her from functioning when they happen. Seems she was on lifelong disability and her husband was her carer. So she had to go to Manchester for an assessment and told them that she went on the train. That she had washed and dressed herself and planned the journey with no problems.  That this day was a good day......She was denied pip and he was no longer her carer. Just like that. She appealled but no joy. Simply because the points system makes it very difficult for anyone to score high.

Tâf

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-end-unnecessary-pip-reviews-for-people-with-most-severe-health-conditions

But as with PIP "targetting those most in need" it depends on what they consider "severe health conditions".

Tâf

7th May 2019 (dated 30 April 2019) Pol's Mandatory Reconsideration response for PIP received, still zero on all counts.

Time to request a tribunal.  :grumpy:

K@

Same here, Taf. The appeal's been applied for and might get sorted in a year's time...

Tâf

The waiting list is "around 18 months" here. :grumpy:

K@

Oh, that was if the wind's blowing in the right direction. They don't give a shit.

Tâf

And another thing, if Pol wins (fingers crossed) she gets all the payments backdated. But Carers Allowance is limited to 3 months. But things are happening to stop that bit of crap....

El

No other words than despicable.  Delays upon delays not to mention the stress of it all.
We still have not been told that he should only do a ten year review. His is due for renewal in April 2020. We are told that we rould start the renewal the year before. We are told that they are very busy moving people on to these rewards.
Then, that you have to apply for attendance allowance when you are 64. He is 64 at the end of this year. FGS! Then, if you do not have pip for a year that you cannot renew (pensioners ).
Nightmare.

Tâf

The "light touch" reviews have been happening, but in very restricted cases. Claimants who have had strokes are being classed as "recovering" in many cases so a future review is probable. And the one-shot ESA /PIP assessments are being planned "to save public money". Also remote assessments and tribunals by internet.

El

The dreaded letter arrived or so I thought.
Inside was a letter saying they had looked at his previous needs from his first assessment, letters from hospital and dr and given him an ongoing award. They will contact us in May 2029.
Relieved is putting it mildly. He has got enhanced/enhanced. Thank God.
My only niggle is on the points system and some of his scores. 4 out of 8 for washing himself.....he bloody can't.  And 2 out of 12 for eating and preparing a meal. He can't prepare a meal!  He can't get any more money so it doesn't matter. But for some people, those points are precious and would need niggling over.
Anyhow good news for us and I hope that there is good news for you two x