Author Topic: weddiings  (Read 799 times)

Offline fred

• Is old for the day....
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 8
  • Mr Greybeard.
    • cymrogwyllt
weddiings
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:06 AM »
At a wedding ceremony, the vicar asked if anyone had anything to say concerning the union of the bride and groom. It was their time to stand up and talk, or forever hold their peace.
The moment of utter silence was broken by a young beautiful woman carrying a child. She started walking toward the pastor slowly.
Everything quickly turned to chaos. The bride slapped the groom. The groom's mother fainted. The groomsmen started giving each other looks and wondering how best to help save the situation.
The vicar asked the woman, "Can you tell us why you came forward? What do you have to say?"
The woman replied, "We can't hear at the back."

Hmmmmm, reminds me of one which is probably apocryphal, but wouldn't it be good if true...
It is said that a young man who was known as a pain-in-the-butt practical joker had (rather secretly) arranged to marry. Not secretly enough, as it turns out, as when the priest got to the "If any man knows of any lawful impediment why this man should not..." etc, there was a crash at the back, and the church door was thrown wide open.

Loud footsteps were heard approaching up the aisle, and in trepidation bride and groom looked over their shoulders. The steps slowly came to a stop, and there was a long pause....

Then the intruder said, "sorry, wrong wedding".
I jumped off a bridge in Paris.

They told me I was in seine

Offline K@

• He's not Catweazle. He's a beautiful Princess!
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 6
Re: weddiings
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:28:42 AM »
:giggles:
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Offline Nana of 8

• Mother of some little breeders ;)
  • Non Stop Talker
  • Appreciation 65428
  • Vaccinated with a Gramophone Needle
Re: weddiings
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 23:04:28 PM »
 :laugh:
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.