Author Topic: Too many cars. Too little parking spaces  (Read 767 times)

Offline Tāf

• Instigator of the Compost Holocaust
  • Resident Twaddler
  • Appreciation 65315
  • Press 1 for Winter weather.....
Re: Too many cars. Too little parking spaces
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 19:18:05 PM »
There is a "free" park and ride bus to the hospital. The trouble is the car park fills with office and shop workers by 8:30 every morning, and you still have to pay the parking fee. And queuing traffic backs onto the main dual carriageway into the city, and that has caused loads of accidents already.

Those buses get to drive along what was the hard shoulder at 50mph, so woe betide anyone that breaks down...

Offline El

• Flippin' Nutta
  • Chatterbox Member
  • Appreciation 4
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
Salford Hope had three huge car parks and a pick up point for taxis and cars. But at visiting times, it was horrendous with the roads gridlocked as it's car had to go through ticket barriers before being directed to a car park. More and more people then went earlier and so the gridlock was longer .
Tempers used to flare at Bolton as there is so little space. Cars are cruising round just wait ing for someone to leave. There also seems to be a lot  more staff parking areas than public. That too causes problems . Yep staff need to park but Joe public are now trying to park there.

Offline El

• Flippin' Nutta
  • Chatterbox Member
  • Appreciation 4
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
The road is being re surfaced just one house away from me. It been going on all week. With temporary traffic lights , the cars who are fed up waiting have been going down or up our small avenue.
Anyhow, a workman came and put a few cones and warning barrier just a few feet from my gate to stop them using our stretch of road.
Yep, an Asian man in full Friday get up was moving the cones putting them outside our gate because he was blocked in. He had moved the barrier and drove round it only to find himself with a main road being dug up and nowhere to go. . The dog went mental as I asked him what he was doing. He was smiling at me as his wife reversed down the street with God knows how many kids in the car. Told him he was an idiot. Those are warning signs,  how could he not see the massive lorries digging away!  Neighbours came out to give him a mouthful. I'm just sorry I didn't have my phone on me.
I tell you. Who sees a road sign and decides to move it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:38:47 PM by El »

Offline Mike

• Lancashire Lad
  • Global Mod
  • At One With Twaddle
  • Appreciation 7
  • Superhero of Twaddle
    • Crows Nest
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 14:48:08 PM »
The road is being re surfaced just one house away from me. It been going on all week. With temporary traffic lights , the cars who are fed up waiting have been going down or up our small avenue.
Anyhow, a workman came and put a few cones and warning barrier just a few feet from my gate to stop them using our stretch of road.
Yep, an Asian man in full Friday get up was moving the cones putting them outside our gate because he was blocked in. He had moved the barrier and drove round it only to find himself with a main road being dug up and nowhere to go. . The dog went mental as I asked him what he was doing. He was smiling at me as his wife reversed down the street with God knows how many kids in the car. Told him he was an idiot. Those are warning signs,  how could he not see the massive lorries digging away!  Neighbours came out to give him a mouthful. I'm just sorry I didn't have my phone on me.

A self entitled prat

Offline Tāf

• Instigator of the Compost Holocaust
  • Resident Twaddler
  • Appreciation 65315
  • Press 1 for Winter weather.....
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 16:31:11 PM »

Some who consider our laws not applicable to them.

Offline El

• Flippin' Nutta
  • Chatterbox Member
  • Appreciation 4
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 18:14:49 PM »
I was gobsmacked.  Not only at the idiot man and how he was trying desperately to be quiet about shifting the cones. His face when my dog roared at him was a picture...caught red handed!
It was his wife reversing at speed onto another a cul de sac with kids playing there. Eegits.