• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 17:52:17 pm

News:

One shake is good, two is ok, three is masturbation

Something to be aware of.

Started by K@, December 14, 2018, 12:33:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

K@

Do you leave your keys inside your front door?

If you do, make sure the door's locked.

Thieves are going around, opening doors, stealing people's keys and making off with their cars.

'course, if you have a Yale type lock, this won't apply.
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Tâf

Never leave keys in doors, or close to doors, they burn holes through uPVC ones these days then use the key to open them.

fred

porch door is key operated.  kept locked as default.

house door is bolted shut as default
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Nana of 8

We keep the keys in the lock but always turn it slightly so they can't unlock them or knock them out.. And the lock is one of those multi-bolt ones. And I'm guessing this trend is up your way - not heard of it round here.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

El

I always have my doors locked with the key in . Mind you, the dog will be raising the roof if anyone even walks through the gate.

El

Forgot to say. Also a sensor light over each door. Smile! You're on camera 😃

K@

Yeah, we have a few lights, too. It's a shame that quite little places can get defiled by visiting arsebandits, innit?

There was even a spate of sheds being broken into and tools and stuff getting nicked. :(

El

A few years ago, if we were in, the door was unlocked with no fear because most had bought their houses and didn't want to move away. People looked after the elderly too and is someone had not been seen for a day or two, they would be looked in on. Then as the aged died , we've had some bloody idiots moving in.
The fields where I take my dog have always been beautiful.  There are benches and bins plus two ponds with ducks in. Now, they are fly tipped with pure household rubbish. Old furniture thrown in the pond and glass bottles near the benches.
No ducks now and little wildlife.
Some feral idiots with no respect for other humans' property or feelings. Definately no regard for animals or nature.
When there are a bunch of them too, they are menacing.  My door will always be locked now. It used to be peaceful up here with nobody wanting to move. But the trend now is to buy, then down scale to sheltered housing on retirement.  What a shame.
The few ruining it for the many.

K@

Trouble, with the rubbish thing, is that councils have shot themselves in the foot. Because they charge ridiculous amounts to collect big bits of rubbish, people just dump it. The fact that clearing up this dumped stuff costs the councils more than it did to just collect it, as they once did, seems to have missed their bean-counters.

A woman, here, was moaning about someone having dumped a washing machine, by the road, near her. This was on fartbook, or summat that Jane uses. One of the others said "Don't worry, it'll be gone, by morning". Sure enough...

There's a big scrap metal firm, in town. :)