• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 19:24:09 pm

News:

Stress reducer: Put a bag on your head. Mark it "Closed for remodeling." **caution - leave air holes.

Strange thing to see!

Started by K@, February 02, 2019, 15:33:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

K@

We often get cats, on the shed roof. Just looked out and saw what looked suspiciously like a huge ginger Tom, there. On looking closer, though, it was a HUGE fox! How the Hell it got up onto the roof, I really don't know.

I took a hasty video, but it's all a bit blurry. :(
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Tâf

Foxes can get into small spaces and climb fairly well. And they often look bigger at this time of the year 'cos they puff up their fur.

Our local ones are rare to see these days.  :-\

fred

I had to rescue one of my dogs from the house roof once.  No idea how it got up there but it could not get down.
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

K@

We get foxes, around, most of the time, thankfully. I leave food out, for them.

This one was a male and he seemed in good nick. I s'pose that, what with all the snow and ice, he's finding food a bit tricky to come by and, knowing that he gets food, here, he was just having a look.

When we first moved in, here, we kept the cats in the attic and left the window open, a tiny bit, to let some air in. Jane went out into the garden, in the morning and heard this pitiful mewling, from above. She looked up and, on the roof, was Twiglet. She must've climbed out of the window and it seemed she'd spent the whole night on the roof! She was only diddy, so I guess she couldn't reach up, to get back in and the window wasn't open far enough for her to make a jump for it.

It was cold and wet, too. :(

I had to go and rescue her.

Nana of 8

When we first got Claude, he was 8 weeks old. Climbed everything in sight, curtains, wardrobes, etc...

About 2 weeks later, he managed to get onto the windowsill, where the window was open as it was hot.

He'd never been on a windowsill of a first floor window. Next thing we knew, he'd found out the hard way not to step out of a first floor window. Luckily, he landed in a flowerpot, which broke his fall.

He's never tried doing that again! ;D
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

K@