• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 14:58:22 pm

News:

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks

Dad

Started by Lisa, September 13, 2019, 17:38:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

My dad passed early this morning
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

You know I'm sad to hear this news. But it's been a struggle for all of you for such a while now.

I hope your Mum is coping.

And you and your family.

fred

Very sorry to hear that Lisa.  Very best to all the family.   (((((())))))

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

El

So very sorry Lisa. Thinking of you and your family xx

Mike

My condolences Lisa, probably not a sur4prise but still a nasty shock

K@

We're grieving, too, Lissy. Not in quite the same way, though, as it was Tomas who left us. He was nearly twenty, though. Not bad, for a kitty. We have a new kitten, now, and he's really sweet, though a bit mental. ;)

Dunno what to say, darlin'. There really aren't the words.

Peace and real love coming, from me, though, for what little that might be worth.
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Lisa

Ta kitty

I thought I'd find it much harder than I have so far.
of course there are moments, but I feel quite at peace with it all.
probably because he's not been dad for a long time
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

K@

It might seem harsh... But, we all felt quite a bit of relief, when Jane's ma died. As much for her, as for us. Same with Tomas, to a degree, coz he was having a hard time of it, poor lad.
The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact. - P. G. Wodehouse

Lisa

El

How is your mum Lisa?
Mine was a bit in shock when my dad passed. I think there was also a sense of relief from the worry and strain.
My mum survived him by 18yrs of comfortable, happy years. We became very protective of her. She had hidden far too much worry from us. It was her time to live. I hope your mum finds some peace and also gets to live her life xx

Lisa

She's defo still cut herself off from it.
She's exhausted and trying to keep busy sorting out all his stuff, he was a hoarder.
they are on recycling bag 6 of old paperwork.

The funeral is on Friday, and I think that's when it will all come to a head.

I'm dreading it, not that anyone looks forward to funerals.

Was up there today reading through all his creative writing, trying to find stuff to use in the funeral. Also sorting more of the funeral stuff out.

I don't think we'll get 18 years now with her, but hopefully she'll have a few to live a bit more.
my bro still lives at home so she's not alone

Lisa

Threw dad off a mountain today..

Lisa

Tâf

That's a lovely tribute to him Lisa.

Lisa

One of his many songs.

It speaks volumes that I have no photos of him and my youngest who is 10.

Noticed last night