• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

December 03, 2020, 20:40:06 pm

News:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Re: Re: What are you going to do today?

Started by Tâf, March 28, 2020, 12:01:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Tâf

Return the cigs to Asda, repair my specs, and then potter about the garden since it's dried a lot.

Lisa

Opticians today and hair cut.
I'll be seeing more people today, then I have in a long time
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Asda brought in a policy on November 1st, that no tobacco could be refunded or exchanged. The sign only went up this morning.

The guy on the counter said that he had had a steady stream of people trying to refund cigarettes due to the sudden price increase they hadn'tr noticed. So much so that he had to call a manager over. He explained to a few people that gangs across the UK had been buying cigarettes in bulk, then getting refunds using out-of-date or counterfeit packs. And the price difference between the website and store was "one of those things" and people should check the prices before buying.

That has cost the missus £21 and me £3.

I dropped into Tesco on the way back, only to see a notice that many brands were out of stock, and "no restocks are expected".

Mike

Tâf

No idea, but I need to check on my chilli plants. They should hopefully be full of ripe pods and have started to go dormant.

Mike

Tâf

If my specs ping apart again, they are getting wired shut.  :grumpy:

Mike

Tâf

Lisa

driving practice with bro.

but his car is a dodgy tank with crap gears and I don't think it's helping me
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

I emptied the tip that is our pantry. Cleaned it and refilled. Now it looks empty... and I found cooking oil BBE 2017, and pickled onions I made in 2016.

And so much pasta..... the missus just stacked new on top of old constantly.

Mike

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

Balance the books, I've been putting it off for a week.