• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:46:16 am

News:

Good health is merely the slowest rate at which one can die

Fireworks

Started by El, November 08, 2020, 11:11:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

El

I've had enough now. Four nights running, going till 2am. My dog has hurt herself trying to crawl under a bed to get away. They are to the front, the side and the back of us. And it stinks of acrid smoke.
One night only this should be allowed.
I'm also sick of reading about austerity and no money for this, that and the other. But there are families round here that can definitely burn their money on fireworks and cause a flaming nuisance .
I tried to let the fog out for a pee last night when there was a few seconds of quiet. She was busting. Opened the back door and they started again. I let rip shouting to lay off for five minutes. A bloke at the back was threatening to strangle anybody letting anymore off.
All went quiet for five minutes.  Then started again.

Tâf

Days and days of them here too, but at least a few were the "silent" type. I would have thought they would have been banned in this situation, but they are very lucrative.

A gang of youths were caught setting them off in a park near us. Thta's a fine at least.

Lisa

It's been bonkers here too.
I don't mind the one night.

But they've been going for weeks!
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Some idiots were setting off very loud ones at 4 yesterday afternoon!

Lisa

You can't even appreciate them at that time

So extra asshole points for them
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

El

It's started again around here. I have no problem with one night on November 5th.  But I have a massive problem with fireworks as soon as the nights draw in and fireworks for any occasion like birthdays etc.
It's not just my dog either. It's the asthma problems with the stink. My chest hurts way before I smell the smoke.

El

In the front street. In the back gardens and to the side of us and it stinks!

Lisa

I think it's been quieter here this year so far

Mike

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

I saw kids screaming and crying in the street as adults walked them about during the worst of it. One lot had them going off just feet above their heads. It sounded like a battlefield.

And some dick decided it would be fun to set off more loud ones at 8 this morning.