• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 11:43:25 am

News:

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks

Re: How Are You Feeling?

Started by Mike, May 19, 2021, 08:58:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Tâf

I needed a good sleep, and I managed to have one. :bed:

El

Hardly slept last night. My arm is really sore.

Lisa

First good night sleep in ages, probably because I was exhausted.
Planned to do loads today, currently done nothing
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Tâf

Still no call from the garage. I don't fancy driving back in the manic rush hour.

Tâf

I got a call at 5:30, to say that the parts arrived at 3:30, and they will carry-on working until the job is done. Collection tomorrow morning.

Mike

Tâf

Tâf

1 tyre, front disks (free), front pads, front calipers, service and MOT....  £862.77.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

El

Quote from: Tâf on December 04, 2021, 11:26:33 am1 tyre, front disks (free), front pads, front calipers, service and MOT....  £862.77.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Wow, a lot of money.

My smart meter in house monitor has sprung into life again after being broke fora fair few months and it's frightening how much more it's costing after the price hike. So far today is £3, that's no washer, drier or cooker on yet. Just the heating on low since 8am. I'm expecting about £6 a day for an average day with heating and cooking plus washing.
That is 6 times 90 days  £540  a quarter. And it's only the beginning of winter.

Tâf

Quote from: El on December 04, 2021, 14:58:58 pmWow, a lot of money.

I was warned last year that certain things needed doing, and a rough cost. Luckily, the brake disks were free because an ex-Skoda mechanic had tucked them away when the local franchise closed. They would have cost £160 +VAT more.

We have been moved from Orbit to Scottish energy as Orbit ceased trading. The same tariff, and no exit fee. But whatever happens, it's going to be an expensive winter and spring. I've dropped the main thermostat by 1 deg, and the bedrooms to 18c. So far it seems to be helping.

Mike

Tâf

Lisa

Worried about kittykat. She's not well.. 😓
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Mike