• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 19, 2024, 05:16:12 am

News:

The surest sign that intelligent life does exist elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us !

Re: What's in your mail?

Started by Nana of 8, May 13, 2021, 00:48:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana of 8

New mother board for my laptop. Hubby is fixing it up for another year then I'll get a new one.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

A letter from the Home Office asking the missus if she wants to stay in the UK !!!  :o  :o  :o

She applied to stay as we arrived in the UK from our French wedding in 1986, and she received a letter granting "Permanent Right To Remain". But apparently that is no longer valid?

So we've done the application online, and now have to send her French ID card to them within 30 days (last day for application is the mid-June for all EU citizens in the UK).

But her ID has expired on the card, so we've had to add the letter from the Consulate that all IDs have been granted 15 years validity due to covid-19.

Luckily I kept the "Permanent Right To Remain" letter, so have a copy for them.

After she is allowed to stay, we then have to start the process for the twins as it's a grey area!!!!!!

El

Weren't your children born here though? I would have thought if they were born in the UK, with a parent also born in the UK , their rights would be automatic  ???
Good job you kept that letter for your wife  :D

Tâf

Quote from: El on May 15, 2021, 14:20:13 pmWeren't your children born here though? I would have thought if they were born in the UK, with a parent also born in the UK , their rights would be automatic  ???
Good job you kept that letter for your wife  :D

It became a grey area that depended on whether the original document was "worded correctly".

I've just spent 35 minutes waiting on their hotline before being cut off. When I redialled it says "we are too busy, call another time".

Tâf

My new driving licence. Applied for last Monday, posted to me last Thursday.

Mike

New NHS pension notification, got my first new payment 10 days ago! get an extra pound next month!

fred

appt for a covid jab next Sat.   but I got jabbed last Sat
Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Mike

Bet it is from a regional centre and you had yours at a GP, they did that on my first one, the regional centres don't communicate with the GP'S According To My Practice Manager

Tâf

A call came for me when I was out. Second jab is being put back a week. So a lie-in tomorrow.

Nana of 8

All my cards came today because I told the kids I was going to Northampton over the weekend. Also a lovely bouquet of flowers from my daughter.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Tâf

Still no reply from Immigration. That's 10 days. I might try phoning them again.

Tâf

A response from Immigration to say I should send a covering letter to explain that the missus' ID has been extended in duration.

The day after I sent it all off!  :grumpy:

Brains

Yesterday had some samples of a SLEEP TEA
Brains aka Donna

Nana of 8

Haven't had any mail for over a week. Starting to wonder why.
Queen Ebayer

Tâf

Emails have been arriving asking the missus to send her ID card. But it was signed-for on 27th May. ???