News:

Izzy did it.  Beam told her to.

Main Menu

Back to sea

Started by Mike, October 13, 2021, 20:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Day 1
Boarding hubs, arrived at testing station at 11.30 there were 3 ships in, as well as Iona, Brittania and another so the queue was hugh, took about an hour to get through, after that, which was at Mayflower had to drive to Ocean, again took ages as the lights only let 3 or 4 cars through at once, once there a new system you have to take your own bags to the correct hole in the wall now for your deck. After that you first have your health documents checked and repeat the decleration, then on to the check in when your  is test comes throgh, which mine had as it was so long, after that security which was quick as they have expanded it, then on to the ship using the correct fantasy for your emergency station.
When on the ship straight to the muster station to check in with them, then the Carribean lunch in Pearl where I actually sat with other people, after that fine your cabin and watch the safety video.
After that I explored the ship and not is she big walked for miles. Booked diner on the new free miLK site which was on my own, food good though. After diner wondered around the ship again and got talking to some guys at an outside bar as we left port, early night after that as I was shattered.

Day 2
Breakfast at the Horizon which has now dropped table service but you are still served at the counter but the drinks are now self service. After that there was a solo get together, but not hosted and no coffee. Went to the Sky Done afterwards where I spent the day apart from lunch in the Horizon, a P&O curry ,like breakfast served at the servery.
Evening was asked if I would like a shared table so unlike yesterday had company and a pleasant meal with 3 couples, after that managed to get a place at the show, Neil Lockwood, former lead singer with ELO when Jeff Wynne didn't want to tour, an evening of ELO hits, fantastic, backed by a very good ship band. After that shattered and so to bed, weather got a bit choppier overnight.

Day 3
Let's are stiff today as I have done more walking around the ship than I have done for months. Lazy day today spent the morning in the dome and the afternoon sat on the promenade deck where it was lovely and watm. Evening was 2 Scotish singers the MacDonald Brothers,who were 4th to Leonna Lewis in the X factor, very entertaining and talented. Shared a table for diner again tonight one couple the same as last night and 2  N new ones, so I'm not as lonely at diner as I feared. Last sea day before Madeira tomorrow.

Day 4
Another lazy day on the ship, but sat out on the promise check all day and had a good chat with my neighbouring sun lounger. Mixed table again tonight with one  other couple from last night,a very pleasant table. No show tonight watched the footbal! Which was awfu!.  Madeira tomkrrow.

Mike

Day 5 Maderia
Lazy morning on the ship before afternoon tea at Reids, a father good spread and I rea!!y struggled with diner, afterwards the usual cheesy Headliners show. Tenerife tomorrow where I'm going Whale watching.. Miserable lot at diner though

Mike

Morning from Tenerife lovely 21c at the moment and 26 forecast Whale watching is 12.30

Lisa

I'm sure you were supposed to put me in your suitcase
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Mike

Managed to get free internet in Gran Canaria port
Day 6 Tenerife
Whale watching today and saw loads of Pilot Whales, there is a permanent pod off Playa del Americas, with the typical Spanish Ham and Cheese sandwich on the Catamaran. Diner was a lot better tonight a very chatty table, after that it was the Arial show in the dome, very impressive.

Day 7 Gran Canaria,
Instead of Law Palma went to a coffee plantation and heard all about coffee production, and bought some, this was after a view over the city a d a resort on the Northern most part of the Island,  is resting on deck after a late lunch, trying a different  restaurant tonight bef

Nana of 8

Sounds like a good cruise, HoN is jealous.
Queen Ebayer

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Mike

Gran Canaria cont.
Good diner with better table companions, Cuban comedian afterwards who was  very good

Day 8 Feurventura
Boat trip around Logos Island followed by a very good and !are lunch at a local fish restaurant, evening meal in Coral restaurant, last time there as they wouldn't let me share! after that a rock show in the Dome.

Day 9 Lanzarote
Trip to the fire mountains today, the results of the last eruption, after a wells stop at an Aloe Vera place we went to the centre of the eruption, where a guy passed around stones from just below the surface at 80c then through a bush in a hole which burst into flames and then poured water into agent which erupted like a geyser, they also have a barbecue that completely uses volcanic heat to cook by. After that a drive around the incredible lava field. Diner with a mixed table again as I went back to the Pearl restaurant, followed by an Aretha Franklin tribute act.
Day 10
Sea day, spent the day on the promenade deck apart from the Carribeean lunch which was good, but no hosts due to Covid Headliners show in the evening which was OK but not deserving of the hugh found of applause as they finished with some just adequate Whitney numbers, and gone are the days she  there was a loose story, just a series of songs now.
Day11
Not Cadiz, failed to dock in Cadiz as it was to windy for a ship of this size so another sea day,  which was a lazy day, Acrobats again tonight and they were good again, clocks back again tonight and as we didn't dock in Cadiz changing them was a waste of time

Mike

Day 12 Lisbon
Another warm and day but with a slight sea fret in the morning. Did a DUCK trip today Harland half water which was interesting, the MacDonald Brothers again tonight, and they said they haven't worked for 18 months! another good show

Day 13
At sea and the weather has changed cloudy and breezy.

Lisa

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ For once in your lifetime will you, do what you want not what you have to. ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

Mike

Quote from: Lisa on October 27, 2021, 19:32:26 PMDUCK?
A vehicle that does land and water we started with a tour of Lisbon and then went in the river for a river view

Lisa