News:

No matter how much you shake your peg, the last drop runs down your leg

What's in your mail?

Started by Mike, May 21, 2014, 15:40:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Did mine online yesterday

Tâf

Notice that the rent is going up 1.5%, and that is going to spread the money even thinner. Our Carers Allowance and the twins Disability payments are only going up 0.5%.

Mike

Council Tax, 5.2% increase and of that 9.5% for the police, who we never see here!

Tâf

Quote from: Mike on March 15, 2021, 14:18:24 pmCouncil Tax, 5.2% increase and of that 9.5% for the police, who we never see here!

4% is rumoured here, but they'll announce it as late as possible to stop a swing against Labour.

Tâf

A letter from NTL-Virgin saying that my annual pension has gone up due to the Guaranteed Minimum Pension. From £264 to £404 p.a, up 53%  :D

Tâf

Notification that my driving licence is about to expire.

£14 online if you have a valid passport. £21.50 at a post office.

I have to go the post office route, the other side of the city.

Mike

Mine lasts until I'm 79, but then I still have the old paper one not the photo one

Tâf

Quote from: Mike on March 27, 2021, 13:11:42 pmMine lasts until I'm 79, but then I still have the old paper one not the photo one

I was "obliged" to have a photo one in addition to the paper one when we changed address.

QuoteThe paper counterpart to a driving licence has had no legal status since 8 June 2015. You should destroy yours if you have one

QuotePaper driving licences issued before 31 March 2000 are still valid. Do not destroy your licence.

When you update your name or address, or renew your licence, you'll only get a photocard licence.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes

Tâf

Poll Tax up 3.8% (+£60pa).

Mike

You're lucky ours was 5.2%

Tâf

Quote from: Mike on March 27, 2021, 16:53:35 pmYou're lucky ours was 5.2%

Arsembly elections coming up. Labour doesn't want to upset the voters.

Tâf

Notification that the lad's PIP is going up 0.5% (40p per week).

fred

Gym?  Thought you said Gin.

Tâf

The FIFTH blurb from the local Labour arsembly member. She really must be worried about her prospects in the election. Not enough time to brainwash the 16 to 18 year olds and immigrants who get the vote this year.

Tâf

£50 premium bond win for the missus.

£100 premium bond win for me.  ;D  ;D  ;D